We are offering Bible studies for teens and adults from June through August on Wednesday evenings from 7–8:30PM at the church. See the details for each study below, and contact our intern, Lindsay, with any questions.
Jason and Lindsey Schubert will be leading Harbor teens (6th–12th graders) through the book of Philippians, meeting every Wednesday evening this summer, except July 7 and 28. Materials for this study will be handed out at the first meeting on June 2.
Lindsay Cournia is leading the women through a study of the book of Jonah, beginning June 9. Study books are available at the church for a $5 donation or online. The ladies will meet on June 9 and 23, July 14 and 28, and August 11 and 25, covering one week of the Jonah study book at each meeting.
Caasi Suaava is facilitating the men's Bible study this summer, meeting every other Wednesday evening beginning June 2, studying several of Jesus' parables using materials from R.C. Sproul. The optional study PDF is available on this password protected page, and the videos are available on RightNow Media if you want to watch them before the meeting. The men's meeting schedule is:
Before each meeting, read the parable a few times and work through these questions:
- June 2: Introduction
- June 16: Parable of the rich fool (Luke 12:13–21)
- June 30: Parable of the hidden treasure (Matt. 13:44–46)
- July 21: Parable of the pharisee and the publican (Luke 18:9–14)
- August 4: Parable of the unforgiving servant (Matt. 18:21–35)
- August 18: Parable of the prodigal son (Luke 15:1–3, 11–32)
- What do you learn about God in this parable?
- What do you learn about man?
- What is the main point?
- What stands out to you?
- How does this parable apply today?
- What questions would you ask Jesus if you listened to him teach this parable?